Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Clapper Keeper

Don't expect any gig reports here for a couple of weeks, but you can always try back in late February/early March, when the concert calendar will likely yield much blog fodder.

In the meantime, to keep this blog from going completely stagnant, I've uploaded a mix I made a while ago, inspired by a friend who loves songs with handclaps. As the only mix I've ever compiled not entirely populated by introspective, midtempo tunes (though I can never altogether give them up), Clapper Keeper has accompanied me--and a few of you--on many a roadtrip. The sequel is percolating, but my guess is that it won't hatch for some time.

Download and clap along!

Clapper Keeper: a handclap mix
1. Space Oddity - David Bowie
2. Stars and Sons - Broken Social Scene
3. Phantasies - Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks
4. Silver Lining - Beulah
5. Monday - Wilco
6. Take the Fifth - Spoon
7. The Boy with the Arab Strap - Belle & Sebastian
8. Here Comes the Sun - the Beatles
9. Me Just Purely - Brendan Benson
10. On Your Own - the Verve
11. Mellow Doubt - Teenage Fanclub
12. The Way We Get By - Spoon
13. I'm Looking through You - the Beatles
14. Nothing'severgonnastandinmywayagain - Wilco
15. I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man - Prince
16. What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
17. The Cedar Room - Doves
18. Emma Blowgun's Last Stand - Beulah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! How you doing? That Tweedy sounds amazing...

Any chance you could re-up the mix, I want to clap!!

Rich